Growing your business through guest posting on popular blogs is a great strategy. Yet many people are unable to obtain guest blog posts because they do not know the secrets to the perfect pitch. The right pitch will land guest blog posts that can skyrocket your business over night.
The Size of Blogs
- 77% of internet users read blogs
- 61% of US consumers have made a purchase based on a blog post
- 409 million people view blogs each month
- There are 19.6 billion blog page views each month
- There are 54.2 million new blog posts every month
- There are 49.9 million blog comments every month
The Power of Blogs
- Content creation is ranked as the single most effective SEO technique by 53% of businesses
- Small businesses that blog get 126% more lead growth than small businesses that do not blog
- The average cost to generate a lead through inbound marketing techniques such as blogging is about half the average for traditional outbound marketing, such as cold calling.
- Among those who use e-mail marketing, businesses that blog get twice as much traffic from their email campaigns than those who do not blog
The Ideal Blog Post
- Google will ignore anything under 200 words.
- Blog posts with more than 1,800 words receive the most links from other websites
- The ideal blog piece takes 7 minutes to read – that’s between 1,000 and 1,600 words long, depending on use of imagery
- If a blog post is greater than 1,500 words, on average it receives 68.1% more tweets and 22.6% more Facebook likes
- Blog posts with images receive 94% more views than plain text posts
Consumers and Blogs
- 20% of users’ total Internet time is spent on content-led websites
- 61% of consumers say they are more likely to buy from a company that delivers custom content they can trust
- 78% of consumers believe that businesses providing custom content are interested in building good relationships.
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful
- 58% of consumers trust editorial content
- 68% of consumers spend time reading content from a brand they are interested in.
The Importance of Guest Blog Posts
- 62.96% of people perceive blogs with multiple authors to be more credible
- 62% of companies outsource their blogging and content marketing
All this data shows that successful businesses all over the world are doing the guest posting & this is bringing them better exposure towards their potential audience. You should also start following this strategy for your business to enjoy sales & growth.
Please refer to the Infographic posted in the beginning to get more tips.
Vikas Agrawal is the co-founder & owner of Infobrandz, A creative designing service known for top notch Infographics, Presentations & Ebooks and whitepaper designing.